centre:mk, jointly owned by Hermes Investment Management, the £36 billion investment manager, and AustralianSuper, continues to grow with a series of new openings. The latest include Typo, Trailfinders, Lovisa and Morano’s, whilst Skechers has also signed for a unit.
Coming off the back of annual footfall growth of 3.4%*, the latest retailers have collectively taken 9,276 sq ft of space at centre:mk:
- Global footwear brand, Skechers, has signed for a 2,800 sq ft unit at
669 Midsummer Arcade to showcase the retailer’s two distinct footwear categories; lifestyle and performance footwear. Opening at the end of summer, there will be a selection of styles for women, men, and children.
- Typo, the major gifting, and stationery brand has opened its 2,102 sq ft unit at 91 Silbury Arcade. Founded in Australia a decade ago, Typo is one of the fastest-growing lifestyle brands with over 250 stores in 14 countries. Designed by an in-house team, the store’s interior is quirky and vintage, mirroring the brand’s personality and strong graphic design style.
- Trailfinders, the UK’s number one tour operator, opened their 2,045 sq ft store at 19 Eagle Walk. Experts in tailor-made itineraries for over 15 million clients, Trailfinders joins centre:mk’s growing travel retail line-up, following Virgin Holidays’ half-million-pound flagship v-room opening in November.
- Fashion-forward jewellery and accessory brand, Lovisa, has opened its 517 sq ft unit next to Skechers at 671 Midsummer Arcade. Lovisa offers on-trend fashion jewellery at affordable prices with 150 new styles being delivered to the store each week.
- Located next to Trailfinders is Morano’s Churreria y Chocolateria, the brand opened their debut 1,812 sq ft café at 21 Eagle Walk, offering fresh and authentic churros and Spanish coffee.
Ed Sellick, Asset Manager, Hermes Investment Management, on behalf of centre:mk joint owners, commented: “These latest deals reflect not only centre:mk’s regional dominance but also its status as a top 10 national shopping and leisure destination. Our approach and resulting investment strategy continues to appeal to leading brands and is reflected in the latest deals announced today. We are confident that as we continue to build on centre:mk’s robust performance we will be announcing more new names in the coming months.”
Sally Howard, Brand Manager for Typo UK added: “Over the last few years we have been focused on expanding our UK footprint and we are thrilled to be working with centre:mk to continue this journey, whilst offering visitors our broad range of one-of-a-kind products.”
The news follows the recent completion of centre:mk’s £50m customer-focused investment strategy delivering award-winning state of the art Guest Service Facilities, a fully integrated digital infrastructure, and a new technologically advanced multi-storey car park.